How to Disable Twitter Direct Message Read Receipt Notifications? Social media platforms have become an essential part of our daily lives. Among the most popular platforms is Twitter, which has gained popularity among millions of people with its real-time updates, interactions, and direct messaging feature. However, there is a feature on Twitter that can sometimes cause discomfort among users: “Direct Message Read Receipt Notifications.” While these notifications make it easy for some of us to know when our messages have been seen by the recipient, they can be bothersome for others.
Disabling/enabling Direct Message Read Receipts:
What are Direct Message Read Receipt Notifications? Twitter, being one of the social media platforms, has become an important communication tool for many users. Direct messages, in particular, provide users with a fast and easy means of communication. However, sometimes you may not want your messages to show read receipts. Fortunately, Twitter provides you with the option to disable this feature.
- Step 1: Log in to your Twitter Account: As the first step, you need to log in to your Twitter account. Access your account by entering your username and password.
- Step 2: Access the Settings and Privacy Menu: Click on your profile picture to open the menu, find and click on the “Settings and Support” option. Then, navigate through the lower section to find the “Settings and Privacy” text.
- Step 3: Enter Privacy and Safety Settings: On the “Settings and Privacy” page, locate and click on the “Privacy and Safety” option. When you tap on this option, you will access the privacy and safety settings for your Twitter account.
- Step 4: Find Direct Message Settings: Once you are in the “Privacy and Safety” settings, you will see various options. Among these options, find and click on “Direct Messages.” This section allows you to manage settings related to direct messages.
- Step 5: Disable Read Receipts: In the “Direct Messages” page, locate the “Show Read Receipts” option. By removing the checkmark right next to it, you can disable the read receipt notifications. This way, the people who send you messages will no longer be able to see whether your messages have been read or not.
When you want to manage message read receipt notifications on your Twitter account, you can follow the steps above to optionally disable this feature. By doing so, you can gain more privacy and control when you don’t want to show read receipt notifications to the senders of your messages. Remember, note that read information will still be sent in web-based logins. We hope this information has been helpful to you!